I loved this book, around page 10 I was hooked. I wanted to know what happened at trivia night, didn’t you? It took me a while to get all the characters in place. I kept mixing them and their storylines up but I finally got it together. I am usually good at guessing story plots and endings and it took me a while on this one. I really felt like this was a quick paced book and would highly recommend it.
If you have not read this book all the way through do not read any further.
Jane bothered me at first. I am not sure exactly what it was about her but I wasn’t in to it. I really don’t know at what point that changed for me but somehow she won me over and I was rooting for her happiness.
Madeline was such a strong character to me. I may relate to her the most. She has so much devotion to her friends and family, I feel like I let my overwhelming feelings get the best of me the same as she does.
Celeste was a hard character at first. I didn’t exactly know how her story was going to play out, then BAM! There it was and I needed to know the outcome. I have no idea the book would centralize domestic violence the way it did but it is such an important topic and it was beautifully done.
Answer the following questions in the comments with how you felt about the book
- A lot of Focus on women and their body image. Do you relate?
- Did you relate to one of the characters the most?
- Why do you think everyone was so quick to suspect Ziggy?
- Did you ever suspect Saxon Banks was Perry? When did you begin to suspect?
- Do you believe this is a standard of behavior with parents in schools?
- Did you think Ziggy was the bully? Did you think he was being bullied? Did you suspect it was really Max? Was it believable how he took the fall?
- Did trivia night meet your expectations?
- Is this a realistic look of motherhood?
- Moriarty tackled so many subjects– among them bullying, spousal abuse, problems with their marriages, dealing with traumas from the past, beauty. Did it work? Why add so many? Was it too much?
- Did you like this book? Would you recommend it to a friend?
I can not wait to hear what you all think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to share with your friends! Stay tuned for April’s book-club announcement.
Don’t forget to sign up for our book-club if you haven’t already.