I am #RockingMotherhood. Although if you asked the lady in Aldi’s parking lot who witnessed me slap a half eaten pastry out of one child’s hand while the other bent down to pick up smashed already chewed gum, I believe she would disagree.
Reasons I am Rocking Motherhood
- I am not perfect. I make mistakes and with those mistakes I allow my children to watch me grow from them. I face challenges, both big and small each day and as I choose how to handle them I always remember who is watching me.
- I love their Daddy. I show my children the meaning of truly loving and respecting someone. I want to show them the value of family. I want them to know the importance of loving, respecting and caring for those around you.
- I put my children before myself in all things. Every decision I make I consider how it will impact their lives. It isn’t about making their lives easier or even mine. Sometimes these decisions make both our lives harder but I make the best decisions I can for my family. I hold the responsibility I have to be their mother to the highest.
- We allow mistakes. Knowing that children are not perfect, I try my best to remember that mistakes happen. This isn’t always easy when I just want to scream at the top of my lungs because of spilt milk, I still do the screaming sometimes but I try my hardest to show them grace. To let them know mistakes are allowed and we can learn from them.
- I recognize that all of our children are different. They are their own individual person with their own unique personalities. I want them to thrive in this world on who they are not who I think they should be and definitely not who others think they should be. Who they are is absolutely perfect. Who they are will set this world on fire.
- I do things I may not always want to do. I play the stinky feet game, I laugh at fart jokes, I make up the craziest bedtime stories. Stories that include super heroes, the big bad wolf and cow poop all wrapped into one off the wall story. Talking about poop isn’t my thing but it sure is my families so hey, I will proudly own the Poop Mom title.
- I am grateful. I am thankful for every moment shared with my children, I know they are not to be taken for granted. I may joke a lot about counting down the minutes until bed time but I do know these moments are fleeting. I may be down right exhausted but I stand in awe each day of my privilege to be their mother and for that I am grateful.
- I am their teacher. We homeschool so I not only teach them the basics but I help them learn so much more. Reading, writing and so so much math. I also guide them in being their best self while letting them experience what this world has to offer, the exciting parts and the grocery shopping parts. Every day we are learning.
- We make memories. I try my best to show them fun and excitement, letting them experience new things. Also allowing them to get bored and make memories with each other by letting their imaginations take them to new, exciting places.
- Most importantly, I am doing the absolute best I can. I show my children daily I love them and will always be there for them. I want them to know we will face any challenges together. I will be by their side to help them overcome and to celebrate.
This was definitely not as easy as you would think. Have you sat down and thought about what you are rocking at lately? I challenge you to write down 10 ways you are #RockingMotherhood.
Here are some awesome mommas who are #RockingMotherhood. Take a minute and check them out.
Cheri at Absolutely Cheri
Kristin at Our Common Chaos
Stephanie at You are my SON Shine
Liz at The Loud Introvert
Lee at LoveLee Day Planners, LLC